June Gathering 2022/Day 1 Decision Making
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Trying to understand whether we can pass something today or wait until tomorrow.
1. Removing co-ops from CoTech
Following from earlier discussion.
- Draft: In an event when a co-op is not responding via email (2 attempts over 2 months), their domain is down or they/someone has informed us that they have folded and potentially no longer paying into the fund (if they already were).
- What is the process we should carry out?
- Proposal on Loomio reversing membership.
- clarifying questions:
- Lucy: three criteria: don't reply to emails in 2 months, heard or know the have folded and domain down - clarified
- Sz: put it on Loomio, what is the proposal there? - Baed on these findings, create a proposal where all CoTech members can consent or object to them being removed for a reason.
- Hannah: how long is the proposal up for?
- Sz: Couple weeks?
- Everyone else, pass
- Critical concerns: none
- PASSED - Put Loomio proposals for removing the co-ops unless the co-ops in question clarify over the phone tomorrow.
- Action: Sz. call the co-ops that seem to have folded before Loomio.
2. Code of Conduct
- Leo: Ddopt a code of conduct for all our events and proceedings. We would also need to establish a process for reviewing the complaints, an email address, happy to be that person. We could have a person at the meetings/events who can receive welfare concerns, it would probably be the organiser.
- Proposal: Pass the code of conduct - it currently exists on Discourse thread
- Outcome: To be read by the attendees and considered on tomorrow.
3. Network Coordinator
- 0.5% labour costs to the fund.
- Focusing on the fund not on the coordinator?
- It might cost 4-5 the amount some co-ops currently contribute. Is that a risk?
- Have you done calculation between the current network coordinator costs and the new fund costs?
- Percentage of labour costs might be tricky when there are subcontractors rather than employees?
- Not sure
- New co-ops might not be able to work out the details, worth reaching out to them to get the figures?
- Have you looked at average membership organisation fees?
- To be a member of CoTech in the new setup, would you need to pay?
- They would be a member. People who do not contribute would still benefit from CoTech.
- How did you arrive at 0.5%?
- Started with 1% and people were upset.
- What is the hourly work of part-time network coordinator?
- 2 days a week.
- How much money that would actually be to pay?
- What is the day rate?
- Not sure.
- What constitutes labour costs? Are we talking about Take home?
- Not sure.
- What is the current thinking about federal approach and whether we would pay twice if they hire the coordinator?
- Reactions / Concerns (generally positive)
- Network coordinator is good but resourcing needs more discussion. We need to think it through too much.
- Big increase in contributions, which highlights that some co-ops don't contribute.
- Could be too high in relation to what we offer, it's potentially a hard sell.
- Two days a week is a lot.
- Using the resources not just for the coordinator but also to support other efforts.
- Guidance would need to be quite specific.
- Overlap between network & federation good to investigate. Perhaps financial folding possible too?
- Coordinator would need to be renewed after a certain period.
- Clarity on what money needs to be spent?
- Unique value proposition of the coordinator still unclear. Figuring out that benefit would make it easier to convince the co-ops.
- Also might be worth speaking to co-ops to find out what they think about different ways of financial contributions.