Collaborative Tech Tools for co operatives 2016
Collaborative Tech Tools for co-operatives
- Facilitator: Alex
- Minutes: Tanc
Outlanders in the room:
- Brian is the designer and facilitator of the system
- Ellie is one of the first people we needed to convince and bring onboard as she is a project manager
- Alex works as devops developer person
- Matt K - long time outlander
- Matt Parsons - software engineer behind co-pitch
Brian: Process of pitching for work for both internal and external projects. The way we flow it down to a schedule of work (we’re all freelancers) as work packages, through to the time that they spent, back into invoicing and financing system. The circle of work.
- Autonomous working - The idea that I can work whenever I like within the promise of the work to be delivered.
- Co-budgeting our own surplus (non-exploitative) - Generating surplus for Outlandish (some goes to overheads), the rest goes to profit. That profit is mine and that budget should be spent by me.
- Leverage tech
Demo of Co-pitch tool made by Outlandish.
Tools used by Outlandish to handle project lifecycle
- Xero (Financial package)
- Co-pitch - allows collaboratively pitch on projects
- Co-budgeting - you know how much surplus is being made and you can funnel money into projects
- Toggl - For tracking time on budgeted projects
- Float Schedule - tool for scheduling resources
Tools used by people in the room
- Resource Guru
- Office Time
- Quality Framework
- Free Agent
- Google Calendar
- Sugar CRM
A lack of tools for the following problems
- Time/resource management
- Cashflow management
- Information collaboration
- Retrospective/learning/project lifecycle