Circle Call 2022-05-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Matters arising from the last call, which are not already on the agenda
- CoTech gathering in Birmingham - thread.
- Time: 4pm 25th May 2022
- Attendees: Szczepan (animorph), Asa (animorph). John (code-op), Michael (DCR), Chris (Webarchitects)
Where is the geological divide with sociological implications: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford_Gap
Actions from last call
- Previous Call: https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Circle_Call_2022-04-27
- Passed the vote to fund costs of the gathering: https://www.loomio.org/p/S2IqRFjL/fund-to-cover-750-costs-of-birmingham-gathering-15-16th-june-2022
- Chris (WebArch) will update the servers and invoice the Fund for shared infrastructure.
- Blake House payment seemingly got actioned - Sz. to check with Chris Lowis (GFR)
CoTech gathering in Birmingham
- Booked venue for gathering, called warehouse cafe, 9am-9pm on 15th and 16th June
- Some talk about booking their garden, they run their venue as 3 different orgs so it's hard to know exactly who to talk to. But we definitely have a booking for meeting rooms and cafe
- Need to tell them if we want food and how much paying them for use of the cafe.
- Are we selling tickets?
- Yes: raises money for CoTech (bouncers required?) - no.
- No: easier, already passed proposal to pay for it - yes.
- Decided open to all, for highly moral reasons.
- John has list of all coops hello@, info@ - Szczepan happy to do it, keep people in the loop, set up a little ledger.
- Newsletter - essentially a forum post?
- Include basic information about gathering, and that it's free, bring and accomodate yourself somehow.
- John - Post in the thread, edit the existing thread, mention people who said they're coming as well.
- Planning sessions:
- Sharing policies from Hannah.
- Coordinator Proposal Sessions:
- John to start wiki page for sessions so people can add stuff.
- Preparing for 'Ways Forward' gathering, Graham talking about October in Manchester: https://community.coops.tech/t/birmingham-cotech-gathering-in-june-your-reactions/3151/4
- Could also have running sessions (over 2 days) to fix different things, e.g. a website.
- The new workers co-op federation and the relationship to CoTech:
- Could we use this as the legal entity we've been talking about?
- Could we share some of the coordination tasks with our potential Network Coordinator?
- Feedback from Finn and Sion about working coop council.
- Szczepan to ask Sion Whellens to run the session.
- Anything else to get sorted out?
- Roles on the day e.g. facilitator, note-taker.
- Ask in the email if anyone wants to be a facilitator for one day. At Wortley hall paid Seeds for Change to provide facilitators. Seems that we are able to run ourselves
- Thank you for everyone's help and support so far, let's make it happen.
- See you in Birmingham!