Circle Call 2021-03-31
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Appoint facilitator & minute-taker for the meeting
- Actions from last call
- CoTech member updates
- CoTech spring break gathering
Ieva (Blake House), Aaron (Agile), Chris (Webarchitects), Szczepan (Animorph), John (Code-operative), Simon (Blake House)
Appoint facilitator & minute-taker for the meeting
Small group, collectively.
Actions from last call
- CoTech video: Simon from Blake House is coordinating with Geoff from Animorph; they are planning to open a room at the gathering where people can come to explore ideas and vision of CoTech. Place to flesh out different ways of articulating views; intelligence gathering excercise.
- Invoices for Fund 2021 have not been sent out yet. Webarchitects will invoice CoTech then, proabably better before June.
- Chris L to look at using Open Collective to see if it would reduce the work managing the fund - don't know?
- Summer face to face gathering organised by Agile in Oxford? Chris can raise with Aaron. -> It would be good to discuss at the upcoming online gathering, there will be a session lead by Sion (Principle Six). Gathering hasn't been confirmed yet, contract being finalised.
CoTech member updates
- Chris C emailed 8 co-ops who are missing from our website but only 2 replied so far. Will see who will be up for editing the website at the gathering next week.
- There are also some co-ops that left (e.g. Greennet has not transitioned into a co-op structure) or might not exist anymore (E-commerce and GlowBox?)
CoTech spring break gathering
- People have signed up to run sessions
- Website working, handbooks, Hubl, chat, digital infrastructure, challenges to cooperation - 5 sessions on Thursday, 3 on Friday (physical gathering, international collaboration, fun circle) + checkout with potential decision making (particularly in regards to the gathering.
- We hope people would engage with other tasks throughout the gathering, e.g. website, code of conduct on forum, what's the purpose of CoTech!
- Lineup will be posted in the evening/first thing tomorrow.
Fun Circle (John, Kayleigh, Simon)
- Work Adventure should be open for the social drinks aspect on thursday and friday. More attended on Friday.
- Simon wants to have a lair in workadventure with a surprise character.
- Want to have a more involved game session on Friday, have a lead that Abi and Matt are gameheads, so going to follow that up. Any other gamer geek names appreciated.
- General Silliness throughout, prizes for best background etc. Weird sensuous rituals about velcro and smelling cinnamon.
- Setting up email for email@example.com so we can share login to customise the space
- Szczepan - email Chris to get firstname.lastname@example.org set up.
- Chris has set the forum post to be a "wiki"post so anyone can edit it
- John - name the fun circle rooms, investigate directory
- The Discourse forum mailing list mode has bee re-enabled
- Aaron discovered something in his wandering around the internet!
- Nostos: https://www.nostos.network/
- Sounds familiar to what we are doing, Aaron will speak to them next week to see what they are up to - is there something we can learn from them? And perhaps how our website could communicate clearly what we offer?
- Perhaps we could redo our website, something to consider at the upcoming gathering.