Circle Call 2019-08-28
CoTech Decision making Circle Call
Co-ordinator - Liam, Facilitator - Aaron, Note-taker - Pete B
- Attendance and apologies
- Notes of the last call, Circle Call 2019-07-31 (this didn't take place), notes of the call before last Circle Call 2019-06-26
- Autumn 2019 CoTech gathering in Newcastle?
- Joint Workers co-op / CoTech weekend May 2020, see the Loomio thread and the Discourse thread
- Next meeting: Circle Call 2019-09-25
The last meeting was in June because of holidays etc.
Actions - some below, plus:
- Please join the call mailing list - https://www.email-lists.org/mailman/listinfo/cotech-call!
- Liam is going to look into a Jitsi replacement
The Autumn Cotech Gathering
- Callum has sussed out a venue, that is similar to Sheffield's venue
- Costs are around £400 for the venue
- Planning a carbon-copy event of Sheffield
- Alpha (?) will co-host
- The date is yet to be confirmed but in November
- Callum is going to talk to Jonathan @ Webarchitects (who organised Sheffield) on the main milestones etc
- Which we also discussed:
- first book the venue
- second set up the wiki site for agenda etc
- third selling tickets (Jonathan can recommend a social venture that does this)
- Also provide links to accomodation options
- While remembering to consider disabled access at the venue
- Talk to each other - Jonathan and Callum
- Post some dates on the Discourse site (Or Loomio?) to check no obvious clashes - Callum
Joint Workers co-op / CoTech weekend May 2020
- Chris (sadly) was not on the call and Aaron reported he was worried that not many people had responded to his poll.
- It was pointed out that we are still many months away from this so perhaps this is not a worry?
- Agreed to leave it in the agenda and discuss further next time (and in Newcastle)
- Check with John Atherton that there is no hard deadline from Coops UK's point of view about CoTech finalising this - Aaron.
- Szczepan drew our attention to patio.ica.coop and a Show and Tell session this Friday (30th September)
- (Patio.ICA.coop is the International Coop Alliance discourse site (coop members may join))
- Szczepan needs a paid Zoom account
- John at Codeoperative has one and is willing to provide - Szczepan and John to discuss
- Please tell people in your coops about the event (link?) - All!
Pete and Aaron - Sociocracy event
- In Oxford on 23rd Sept - all welcome
- Tickets via Losing control: https://thesocialchangeagency.org/getting-agreement-get-things-done-decision-making-action/
- Also at Oxford coops: Meetup https://www.meetup.com/oxcoop/events/263577751/
- Ola Binis talk
- Discussion with Dot Project Coop re: an Energy Software Monitoring app
- Dot Project Coop started a podcast on women/diversity/tech
- Agile are looking for a Python Dev to work on a project
- Liam is happy to continue coordinating for next three months, Szczepan will shadow and take over after that.
- Aaron happy to continue facilitating including Weds 25th Sept
- Szczepan will take notes at the next meeting
Thanks from everyone - for a great meeting!