CoTech Coordinator Working Group/Proposal Road Map
This is an outline of the process of generating the Cotech coordinator proposals.
There are 3 phases. An initial minimal drafting followed by a long feedback and refining period, then concluded with a confirmation stage.
It's realistic to expect the process to be complete by the 25th March 2022.
Phase 1: Initial Drafting
- Distribute this plan to coops -> distributed by 22nd October
- Prepare minimal first drafts of proposals -> written by 5th November
Phase 2: Feedback and Refining
- Ask coops to provide representatives to discuss proposal in groups of 5 -> invited by 12th November
- Recommend that coops have a brief discussion with their rep before sending them to the session
- Match up reps and schedule sessions to discuss the drafts -> schedule a session by 19th November
- In between sessions make sense of the feedback and provide updates to previous session participants -> provide first update by 3rd December
- At this point the deliberation space will be lumpy. There will be a core of coops that have thought about the proposals and provided feedback, others won't have found the time yet to collectively engage with this process.
- This is the most difficult stage of the roadmap, because some people will be energised and want to keep pressing forwards, while others will have only just become aware that the proposals exist, and may have concerns about the direction Cotech is going in. Key to this will be reminding the frontrunners that this is a gradual process and providing clear updates on the context to the people who recently joined in, and seeking participation from people who haven't been heard from yet. In other words, there's an ongoing process of sensemaking to be done.
- Every 2 weeks, continue to schedule at least 1 session of 5 coop reps -> Aim to have heard from a supermajority of coops by 11th March
Phase 3: Confirmation
- This is assuming that we can have a session of 5 coops every 2 weeks for a total of 8 sessions over 16 weeks, meaning 40 coops will have been present at a session.
- We could probably schedule more frequent sessions initially at the cost of having more difficulty finding people later on. Limiting ourselves to one session every two weeks might be a useful constraint to manage the lumpiness outlined above.
- Confirm a set of proposals, or choice between proposals -> present output by 25th March