Wortley Hall 2017/CoTech Network Coordinator Job Description
This is a draft, please comment
The document below is currently a draft. Please:
- Make any minor changes (typos etc.) by editing this page directly
- Suggest more substantive changes using the wiki discussion page
- Discuss more meta-level issues in this thread on the CoTech discussion forum
If you'd like to see this post be made a reality, or have other other concrete proposals for a way forward please contribute at: CoBudget: CoTech Network Coordinator (you may need to make an account)
CoTech Network Coordinator Job Description
We're looking for someone bright, energetic, dynamic and organised to coordinate and develop our network of cooperative technologists. Is that you?
Cooperative Technologists “CoTech” is a network of people and organisations working towards building a tech industry that's better for its workers and customers through co-operation, democracy and worker ownership.
Since its creation in 2016, it has expanded to include 28 cooperatives with over 260 staff and has much potential for further growth; in total, cooperatives have over 15 million members in the UK.
We are looking for a network coordinator to facilitate the growth of this network and foster new and valuable collaborations between members as it grows.
- Foster, inspire and originate collaborations and joint ventures between CoTech members
- Report regularly to members on the capacity, skills & resources within the network
- Field enquiries from prospective members and onboard new members
- Seek out and represent CoTech within other networks and communities that may contain prospective members or key stakeholders and partners.
- Organise the annual CoTech retreat
- This role reports to a steering group composed of representatives from the top 2 contributing orgs and a rotating set of 3 smaller cotech orgs.
- Experience in managing a professional group of disparate members
- Experience of managing successful and engaging digital community spaces or programme of events, with a strong track record of achieving identified outcomes
- Superlative communication skills, both written and presenting to large groups; proven effective use of digital comms and social media
- An enthusiasm for and understanding of technology, with professional experience a bonus
- An enthusiasm for cooperatives, with professional experience as a bonus
- Willingness to undertake occasional national or international travel and non-standard working hours
- Women and individuals from marginalised communities are strongly encouraged to apply
Salary & Benefits
- £30,000 annual salary (about £100 per cotech member)
To apply please send a covering letter and CV by email to ???where???
The deadline for applications is ???when???
Interviews will take place ???where???
Some Practical Considerations
The HR administration for this person will be done by the member organisation that makes the second largest contribution, or by any other member organisation that volunteers. Likely the leave, pension etc will be determined by this.
This role reports to a steering group composed of representatives from the top 2 contributing orgs and a rotating set of 3 smaller CoTech orgs (to make sure smaller orgs are represented). These should happen every two months. This meeting will probably result in a short report to be circulated round the network.
Joaquim D'Souza is working on an internal crowdfunding/cobudgeting platform for CoTech, and the intention is for this role to be proposed on that platform for CoTech member orgs to contribute to funding it.