Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
== Co-ops ==
== Co-ops ==
Following is a list of all the tech co-operatives we could find in the UK, if you add to it be sure to also add the co-op to the [[
Following is a list of all the tech co-operatives we could find in the UK, if you add to it be sure to also add the co-op to the [[:SideBar]] page.
* [[Agile Collective]]
* [[Agile Collective]]
Revision as of 22:16, 18 November 2016
- 1 Co-operative Technologists
- 1.1 Tech Coops Wiki
- 1.2 Co-ops
- 1.3 Wortley Hall 2016
- 1.4 Categories
- 1.5 Getting started
This wiki site was set up at our founding event, 14th - 17th November 2016 at Wortley Hall, our working Name is "Co-operative Technologists", we have a open tech-coops email list with open archives a Slack channel (ask for an invite), a Loomio group (ask for an invite), a Google calendar (URL?).
Tech Coops Wiki
Add a link below with the name of a Wiki, which will create a link to the page. Click the link, and add the details below to your page:
- Phone number
- Main contact person
- Social media links
- Main business (e.g. Web development, Design, Marketing)
- Main clients
- Skills, business skills and tech skills
- Members (perhaps with links to LinkedIn profiles etc)
- Sector (e.g. public sector, third sector/charities, commercial)
- Ethical considerations/restrictions
- Specific expertise (e.g. NodeJS, Print)
- Spare space? For example office space that another co-op can use
- Interested in placements and / or people swaps?
- Anything else you think is relevant (e.g. logo, photos of individuals)
Following is a list of all the tech co-operatives we could find in the UK, if you add to it be sure to also add the co-op to the MediaWiki:SideBar page.
- Agile Collective
- B9 Labs
- Blake House Filmmakers Co-op
- Brighton Digital Exchange
- Chapel Street Studio
- CBN Freelance Coop
- Co-operative Web
- Fairmondo UK
- Fearless Futures
- Founders and Coders
- Glowbox Design
- The Great Initiative
- Go Free Range
- Hackney Routes
- Media Coop
- Nether Realm
- New Forest Advisory
- Principle Six
- Seeds for change
- The Small Axe
- We Are Open
Wortley Hall 2016
The TODO list from the November 2016 Wortley Hall retreat has been posted to the tech-coops list, when notes of sessions are ready to be copied from the HackPad please use the links below to create the pages and add the
[[Category:Wortley Hall 2016]] string to each page.
Tuesday 15th November 2016
Notes from the sessions held on Tuesday at Wortley Hall.
- Pitching Cooperativism
- Remote and flexible working
- What is a coop
- Defining the MegaZord: "Imagine MegaZord in 3 years time"
- Tech for good
- Internal operational management structures and process
- Collaborative Tech Tools for co operatives
- The nature and mode of production of free software
- Enspiral Case Study
- Power and Privilege Workshop
Wednesday 16th November 2016
Notes from the sessions held on Wednesday at Wortley Hall.
Defining the MegaZord: "Four Functions of the Network"
- Collaboration: sharing, referring and outsourcing work
- CoBudgeting: pooling our surplus and creating visibility of how we spend it
- Skill Sharing: mutual support between coops
- Outreach: supporting startups, outreach and engagement
Defining the MegaZord: other stuff
- Values and Principles
- The Legal Structure of the Network
- Naming the Network
- 2017's Cooperative Technologists Event
See the following page for a list of all the categories:
To add a page to a category, add this to a page:
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.