Community Call 28 March 2018
- Laura (we are open)
- Luke (Aptivate)
- Fabian (Digital Liberties)
- David & James (Co-operative Web)
- Simon (Cetis LLP)
- Roy (Gildedsplinters)
- Aaron (Agile Collective)
- Polly Robbins (Outlandish)
- Leo (Autonomic)
- Welcome and connecting
- Is this call valuable? Or how to make these calls more valuable!
- Fabian - need to have made some progress by the next Wortley Hall in November 2018
- Aaron: We should talk about people are doing! (Polly +1 on this)
- Luke: I find it already useful that we're meeting and get a chance to talk about stuff
- Our next call is April 25th!!
- Testing for Next cloud group: CoTech Nextcloud Talk
- Start using it! They did some testing and it works!
- Using the Viable Systems Model to analyse CoTech as an emergent Viable organisation: Viable_Systems_Model
- This has been used inside Digital Liberties. We had a CoTech session at space4.
- Basically - it's how do you make sure that something like cotech is viable.
- Fabian's sense is that we need a stronger identity amongst cotech. To what extent is the membership of the different co-ops engaging and then how do we look at thre future together. looking at the future.
- What kind of possibilities are arising?
- Aaron - oh helpful to hear in Human Talk because the wiki is kind of difficult to understand. We're talking about humans, so need the text in a more humany kind of thing. Lol.
- What are the factors that enable to create cotech so that it has a life of it's own. Framework for realizing our potential.
- Aaron - as we talked about last time, we need to be more responsible about our contributions.
ACTION Fabian will edit it to be more human understandable. ACTION: Fabian to share via the CoTech Newsletter ACTION: WE ALL GIVE FEEDBACK WHEN WE SEE IT IN THE NEWSLETTER!
- The CoTech Holochain group has been set up: see Bill Olivier';s presentation at last weeks London CoTech meet up:Developing (Viable) Co-operative Communities
- Graham Mitchell is putting in a bid to Unfound as regards developing a Platform Co-op and invites other people from CoTech to join them. deadline on Friday.
- See Invitation: New Platform Cooperative Project . A few coops are getting involved and YOU can too!
ACTION: Read the thread, think about if you want to get involved, if yes answer the thread!
Can we make these calls develop coordination?
- OR: How can we make this viable and easy for a few humans with 1/2 hours a week participation
- Can we identify actions, self organise and try to just keep the wheels turning for cotech wide stuff
For example, in the newsletter, we identified: (limited access page)
- setting up knowledge transfer partnership (research used in industry and vice versa: knowledge transfer partnership
- informal discussions with London Met
- we talked about scoping the position down to get it moving. Even if it's just someone who moves forward with Wortley Hall 2018.
- Digital Liberties is willing to put time, but maybe not money. Different co-ops contribute in different ways.
- Maybe we create working groups?
- Budget exists (where?). Can we cobudget it?
"ACTION: Create event to talk about Wortley Hall! Chris, Aaron and Polly to meetup to talk about process.
- Already happening. Not clear who is in or out or what we do
- Community calls: Laura facilitating these
- Wiki Check Talk:Main Page
ACTION: Three key questions
- how we make it clear which groups exist?
- how we show what needs to be done in which group?
- how do we make it easy for people to jump in/out to these groups that interest them.
Tech Week London
- Event to link CoTech with Tech Week London - next steps and assessment whether this can go ahead [POLLY]
- Response did not meet target of £300
- Action: Polly to contact all co-ops who expressed interest to discuss whether to take these things forward
Co tech has a Twitter channel: Comms: @CoTechUK Outlandish would like to share responsibility for this. [POLLY]
- ACTION: Polly to create a new slack channel and push it out there
Any Other Business
- Could this etherpad server be setup to use https? - Leo (i filed a ticket here.
- Commons Transition UK (on Loomio) -- Simon (Cetis LLP) see Commons Transition UK
- intended to help discuss the coordination and set up of regional connections around Commons thinking and P2P.
- invitation here.
See also: commonstransition.org
- Co-ops, creative Commons and Open Source all seem to overlap and we can develop these relationships.
- Action: Read and discuss Laura commits to helping with the overlap
- Guests: People who aren't in CoTech: Can they join here? Discussion: Everyone seems fine with the idea of an open call.
- ACTION: Maybe we should put the community call on the site?
- ACTION Laura add standing community call item: interested people who are not in the CoTech Network can join the call?