Difference between revisions of "Community Call 28 March 2018"
(Created page with "<strong>March 28</strong><br> <br> <strong>Participants</strong><br> <ul class="bullet"> <li>Laura (we are open)</li> <li>Luke (Aptivate)</li>...")
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
<li>Polly Robbins (Outlandish)</li>
<li>Polly Robbins (Outlandish)</li>
Revision as of 15:44, 29 March 2018
- Laura (we are open)
- Luke (Aptivate)
- Fabian (Digital Liberties)
- David & James (Co-operative Web)
- Simon (Cetis LLP)
- Roy (Gildedsplinters)
- Aaron (Agile Collective)
- Polly Robbins (Outlandish)
- Leo (Autonomic)
- Welcome and connecting
- Is this call valuable? Or how to make these calls more valuable!
- Fabian - need to have made some progress by the next Wortley Hall in November 2018
- Aaron: We should talk about people are doing! (Polly +1 on this)
- Luke: I find it already useful that we're meeting and get a chance to talk about stuff
- Our next call is April 25th!!
- Testing for Next cloud group: <a href="https://community.coops.tech/t/cotech-nextcloud-talk/638/4">https://community.coops.tech/t/cotech-nextcloud-talk/638/4</a>
- Start using it! They did some testing and it works.
- Using the Viable Systems Model to analyse CoTech as an emergent Viable organisation: <a href="https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Viable_Systems_Model">https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Viable_Systems_Model</a>
- been using it inside of digital liberties. Had a session at space4.
- Basically - it's how do you make sure that something like cotech is viable.
- Fabian's sense is that we need a stronger identity amongst cotech. To what extent is the membership engaging and then looking at the future. What kind of possibilities are arising.
- From discussion of this the CoTech Holochain group has been set up: see Bill' Olivier's presentation at last weeks London CoTech meet up:
- <a href="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10EnrhvJdTBKdjZy7ghioNC43HixsJEFzcpCQXrGqZFE/edit#slide=id.g34f1e96374701bdd_5">https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10EnrhvJdTBKdjZy7ghioNC43HixsJEFzcpCQXrGqZFE/edit#slide=id.g34f1e96374701bdd_5</a>
- Aaron - oh helpful to hear in Human Talk because the wiki is kind of difficult to understand. We're talking about human's, so need the text in a more humany kind of thing. Lol.
- ACTION Fabian is hoping to edit to be more human understandable.
- ACTION: Fabian to share via the CoTech Newsletter
- ACTION: WE ALL GIVE FEEDBACK WHEN WE SEE IT IN THE NEWSLETTER!
- What are the factors that enable to create cotech so that it has a life of it's own. Framework for realizing our potential.
- Aaron - as we talked about last time, we need to be more responsible about our contributions.
- Graham Mitchell is putting in a bid to Unfound (<a href="http://unfound.coop/)">http://unfound.coop/)</a> as regards developing a Platform Co-op and invites other people from CoTech to join them. deadline on Friday.
- See <a href="https://community.coops.tech/t/invitation-new-platform-cooperative-project/675">https://community.coops.tech/t/invitation-new-platform-cooperative-project/675</a>
- A few coops are getting involved and YOU can too!
- ACTION: Read the thread, think about if you want to get involved, if yes answer the thread!
* Cotech 'organiser' ( <a href="https://community.coops.tech/t/cotech-network-coordinator/461">https://community.coops.tech/t/cotech-network-coordinator/461</a> ): Can we try to be this from this call?
* OR: How can we make this viable and easy for a few humans with 1/2 hours a week participation
* Can we identify actions, self organise and try to just keep the wheels turning for cotech wide stuff
* For example, in the newsletter, we identified: <a href="https://git.coop/cotech/newsletter/blob/master/editions/2018-03-23.md#help-out-with-cotech">https://git.coop/cotech/newsletter/blob/master/editions/2018-03-23.md#help-out-with-cotech</a> <-- I LOVE THIS
- setting up knowledge transfer partnership (research used in industry and vice versa - <a href="http://ktp.innovateuk.org/)">http://ktp.innovateuk.org/)</a> or the option of taking on a student and subsidizing their work.
- informal discussions with London Met
- we talked about scoping the position down to get it moving. Even if it's just someone who moves forward with Wortley Hall 2018.
- Digital Liberties is willing to put time, but maybe not money. Different co-ops contribute in different ways.
- Maybe we create working groups?
- Wortley Hall
- Budget exists, can we cobudget it?
- ACTION Create event to talk about Wortley Hall! Chris, Aaron and Polly to meetup to talk about process
- Already happening. Not clear who is in or out or what we do
- Community call
- ACTION: ???
- how we make it clear which groups exist
- how we show what needs to be done in which group
- how do we make it easy for people to jump in/out to these groups that interest them
* Event to link CoTech with Tech Week London - next steps and assessment whether this can go ahead [POLLY]
Response did not meet target of £300
Action: Polly to contact all co-ops who expressed interest to discuss whether to take these things forward
* Comms: @CoTechUK Twitter channel - to share responsibility [POLLY]
- * ACTION: Polly to create a new slack channel and push it out there
Any Other Business
Could this etherpad server be setup to use https? - Leo (i filed a ticket: <a href="https://github.com/weareopen/AllTheThings/issues/50">https://github.com/weareopen/AllTheThings/issues/50</a> )
* Commons Transition UK (on Loomio) -- Simon (Cetis LLP) see <a href="https://www.loomio.org/g/Hf1qrvoY/commons-transition-uk">https://www.loomio.org/g/Hf1qrvoY/commons-transition-uk</a>
- intended to help discuss the coordination and set up of regional connections around Commons thinking and P2P
- invitation: <a href="https://www.loomio.org/invitations/4e5a51c7ae14bd2f38da">https://www.loomio.org/invitations/4e5a51c7ae14bd2f38da</a>
- See also: <a href="http://commonstransition.org/">http://commonstransition.org/</a>
- Co-ops, creative Commons and Open Source all seem to overlap and can develop these relationships.
- Action: Read and discuss Laura commits to helping with the overlap :D
Actions (outside agenda items):
* People who aren't in CoTech: Can they join here? Unknown, let's talk about it. Everyone seems fine with the idea of an open call.
ACTION: Maybe we should put the community call on the site?
ACTION Laura add standing community call item: Anyone who is not in the CoTech Network on the call?