Difference between revisions of "Circle Call 2020-07-29"

From CoTech
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
** New members?
 
** New members?
 
* CoTech newsletter
 
* CoTech newsletter
 +
* [https://www.loomio.org/d/wOiN2gul/cotech-fund-proposals-year-2 CoTEch Fund proposal for Hubl]
 
* CoTech collaborations section onto website?
 
* CoTech collaborations section onto website?
 
* Update from discussion about onboarding
 
* Update from discussion about onboarding
Line 19: Line 20:
 
= Minutes =
 
= Minutes =
  
== Appoint facilitator & minute-taker for the meeting ==
+
== Attendance ==
== CoTech member updates ==
 
=== New members: ===
 
* Any new members need onboarding?
 
  
== Appoint organiser of the next circle call ==
+
* Chris (webArch)
 +
* Polly (Outlandish)
 +
* Aaron (Agile Collective)
 +
* Calum (Code Operative)
 +
* Mel (Code Operative)
 +
* Sz (Animorph)
  
== AOB ==
 
  
== Links==
 
  
[[Category:Meetings]]
+
== Actions  from last time ==
 +
See the [https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Circle_Call_2020-06-24 notes of last meeting]
 +
 
 +
    Chris will check the amount that CoTech owes WA for hosting and invoice CoTech for 2020.
 +
 
 +
    Not done, Chris will do this!
 +
 
 +
    Polly, Calum and Lucy to update the wiki with info on onboarding.  - DONE see https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/CoTech_resources_page && https://office.coops.tech/s/RxCkGw8dCLJgsLK
 +
 
 +
    Polly, Lucy and Calum to onboard Solidarity Economy Association & Dandelion; - SEA not around til Sept, Lucy doing Dandelion this week.
 +
 
 +
    Calix and Szczepan to contact Carbon Co-op and ask them to join CoTech.
 +
 
 +
    Nothing doing yet though Sz has been trying to make contact, will continue. Chris happy to join too.
 +
 
 +
    Chris will set up a CoTech instance of Meet.coop and let everyone know on the forum.
 +
 
 +
    Webarch put a lot of time into meet.coop and not been able to continue due to normal commitments. More work needed to make this happen and no prospect of being able to pay Chris for his time yet. We can create a thread on the forum to enable people to test it out before propsing adoption.
 +
 
 +
    Calum will lead on setting up a CoTech instance of Hubl, will request a reimbursement for 1-2 days of work and for hosting the system with Webarchitects.
 +
 
 +
    On the agenda!
 +
 
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== Agenda ==
 +
 
 +
[https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Circle_Call_2020-07-29 wiki agenda]
 +
 
 +
* [https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/Circle_Call_2020-06-24 Notes of last meeting]
 +
* [https://www.loomio.org/d/wOiN2gul/cotech-fund-proposals-year-2/1 Startinblox/Hubl]
 +
* Onboarding
 +
* Newsletter
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== Notes ==
 +
 
 +
* Meet.coop
 +
Discussion about a proposal for CoTech to join meet.coop, and to use the Canadian server
 +
 
 +
  * It is possible to have multiple calls concurrently, so individual co-ops could have meetings on this platform, too
 +
  * It may be better to trial it first - assigned Mel action point to open discussions on the forum
 +
 
 +
 
 +
*Newsletter
 +
Could the newsletter be revived? Needs energy and people to take it on. Chrsi Lowis was doing it before 2nd child came along. Callum and Sz will get in touch and see what could be done.
 +
 
 +
* Onboarding
 +
We have a new pitch deck to onboard new members. It lives on Nextcloud. One main aim is to enable as many people as possible to onboard new members. A PDF version can also be shared and distributed within new member coops.
 +
 
 +
* CoTech Fund proposal for Hubl
 +
Amending proposal to accept Hubl's offer for hosting
 +
Include the review suggestion and the metrics proposed (users, skills shared successfully, contributed code, communication volume)
 +
Suggestion to include the £500 as a budget for changes, and set spending it on contributing to the codebase as a review metric
 +
Suggestion to include the community animation working group in the proposal, and have a regular (monthly?) cycle of communication within it, to see what needs changing etc
 +
 
 +
* Ideas for CoTech website
 +
Mateus from Outlandish has done some thinking about improvements to the website. He feels the website doesn't emphasise the collaborations within the network and the UI could be simplified without losing any of the current functionality.
 +
Improvements:
 +
  -  Remove technologies and services sections and replace with filters within the members sections.
 +
  - Add a new section on the homepage for collaborations and and additional landing / listing page to showcase project collaborations with an emphasis in the copy on why the collaboration made the project a success.
 +
 
 +
Next steps:
 +
    - work out how this can be done technically and find someone who is willing and able to do it (talk to Go Free Range) [Polly]
 +
- make a proposal to pay someone for their time to do this. [Polly]
 +
- possibly use Hubl to publicise the job
 +
 
 +
AOB
 +
When are we going to meet?
 +
News on Worker Coop Weekend?
 +
 
 +
    Unlikely to be plans for a while because of the extent of uncertainty
 +
 
 +
    Next May is possible
 +
 
 +
    Will we roll over our commitments to run something alongside it?
 +
 
 +
    Yes?
 +
 
 +
    This is largely for the social side of the gathering, having a CoTech specific gathering as well could be good, to achieve the other goal as Hackathon. And finally a public gathering which is open to all outsiders
 +
 
 +
    Aaron volunteered to host us all personally
 +
 
 +
 
 +
== Action Points ==
 +
 
 +
* Chris will check the amount that CoTech owes WA for hosting and invoice CoTech for 2020
 +
* Mel will open a Discourse proposal for trialing Meet.coop within CoTech - what are the options etc
 +
* Szczepan, Chris and Calum will start an email conversation about community animation and newsletter
 +
* Polly and Aaron to update the Loomio proposal for Hubl
 +
* Polly and Mattheus to contact the developers of the current website (Chris L, Nick, Go Free Range, ...?), to assess the time and cost needed to implement the proposed designs
 +
* Add planning for next gathering to next month's agenda
 +
* Aaron will organise the next call

Revision as of 17:05, 29 July 2020

Agenda

  • Appoint facilitator & minute-taker for the meeting
  • CoTech member updates
    • New members?
  • CoTech newsletter
  • CoTEch Fund proposal for Hubl
  • CoTech collaborations section onto website?
  • Update from discussion about onboarding

Attendees

Actions from last call

  • Chris will check the amount that CoTech owes WA for hosting and invoice CoTech for 2020.
  • Polly, Callum and Lucy to update the wiki with info on onboarding.
  • Polly, Lucy and Calum to onboard SEA & Dandelion;
  • Calix and Szczepan to contact Carbon Co-op and ask them to join CoTech.
  • Chris will set up a CoTech instance of Meet.coop and let everyone know on the forum.
  • Calum will lead on setting up a CoTech instance of Hubl, will request a reimbursement for 1-2 days of work and for hosting the system with Webarchitects.

Minutes

Attendance

  • Chris (webArch)
  • Polly (Outlandish)
  • Aaron (Agile Collective)
  • Calum (Code Operative)
  • Mel (Code Operative)
  • Sz (Animorph)


Actions from last time

See the notes of last meeting

   Chris will check the amount that CoTech owes WA for hosting and invoice CoTech for 2020.
   Not done, Chris will do this!
   Polly, Calum and Lucy to update the wiki with info on onboarding.  - DONE see https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/CoTech_resources_page && https://office.coops.tech/s/RxCkGw8dCLJgsLK
   Polly, Lucy and Calum to onboard Solidarity Economy Association & Dandelion; - SEA not around til Sept, Lucy doing Dandelion this week.
   Calix and Szczepan to contact Carbon Co-op and ask them to join CoTech.
   Nothing doing yet though Sz has been trying to make contact, will continue. Chris happy to join too.
   Chris will set up a CoTech instance of Meet.coop and let everyone know on the forum.
   Webarch put a lot of time into meet.coop and not been able to continue due to normal commitments. More work needed to make this happen and no prospect of being able to pay Chris for his time yet. We can create a thread on the forum to enable people to test it out before propsing adoption.
   Calum will lead on setting up a CoTech instance of Hubl, will request a reimbursement for 1-2 days of work and for hosting the system with Webarchitects.
   On the agenda!


Agenda

wiki agenda


Notes

  • Meet.coop

Discussion about a proposal for CoTech to join meet.coop, and to use the Canadian server

 * It is possible to have multiple calls concurrently, so individual co-ops could have meetings on this platform, too
 * It may be better to trial it first - assigned Mel action point to open discussions on the forum
 
 
  • Newsletter

Could the newsletter be revived? Needs energy and people to take it on. Chrsi Lowis was doing it before 2nd child came along. Callum and Sz will get in touch and see what could be done.

  • Onboarding
We have a new pitch deck to onboard new members. It lives on Nextcloud. One main aim is to enable as many people as possible to onboard new members. A PDF version can also be shared and distributed within new member coops.
  • CoTech Fund proposal for Hubl

Amending proposal to accept Hubl's offer for hosting Include the review suggestion and the metrics proposed (users, skills shared successfully, contributed code, communication volume) Suggestion to include the £500 as a budget for changes, and set spending it on contributing to the codebase as a review metric Suggestion to include the community animation working group in the proposal, and have a regular (monthly?) cycle of communication within it, to see what needs changing etc

  • Ideas for CoTech website

Mateus from Outlandish has done some thinking about improvements to the website. He feels the website doesn't emphasise the collaborations within the network and the UI could be simplified without losing any of the current functionality. Improvements:

 -  Remove technologies and services sections and replace with filters within the members sections.
 - Add a new section on the homepage for collaborations and and additional landing / listing page to showcase project collaborations with an emphasis in the copy on why the collaboration made the project a success. 
 

Next steps:

   - work out how this can be done technically and find someone who is willing and able to do it (talk to Go Free Range) [Polly]

- make a proposal to pay someone for their time to do this. [Polly] - possibly use Hubl to publicise the job

AOB When are we going to meet? News on Worker Coop Weekend?

   Unlikely to be plans for a while because of the extent of uncertainty
   Next May is possible
   Will we roll over our commitments to run something alongside it?
   Yes?
   This is largely for the social side of the gathering, having a CoTech specific gathering as well could be good, to achieve the other goal as Hackathon. And finally a public gathering which is open to all outsiders
   Aaron volunteered to host us all personally


Action Points

  • Chris will check the amount that CoTech owes WA for hosting and invoice CoTech for 2020
  • Mel will open a Discourse proposal for trialing Meet.coop within CoTech - what are the options etc
  • Szczepan, Chris and Calum will start an email conversation about community animation and newsletter
  • Polly and Aaron to update the Loomio proposal for Hubl
  • Polly and Mattheus to contact the developers of the current website (Chris L, Nick, Go Free Range, ...?), to assess the time and cost needed to implement the proposed designs
  • Add planning for next gathering to next month's agenda
  • Aaron will organise the next call