|−|== CoTech Community Call : Episode One == |+|
| || |
Revision as of 10:27, 16 February 2018
This call is all about identifying issues and developing the CoTech Network together as engaged digital makers, movers and shakers. It is about open practices, culture shifting and collaboration. We break down silos and keep each other in sync.
We're here: https://meet.jit.si/CoTech-Call
January 25, 2018
Roll Call! Who’s here?
- Chris Lowis (Go Free Range)
- John Bevan (We Are Open)
- Laura Hilliger (We Are Open)
- Simon Grant (Cetis LLP)
- Fabian Tompsett (Digital Liberties)
- Finn Lewis (Agile Collective) - email@example.com
- Bryan Mathers (We Are Open)
- Roy Brooks (Gildedsplinters.coop)
- Daniel Stanley (Small Axe)
- Cat Ainsworth (The Dot Project)
- Liam MacLeod (MediaBlaze Hosts)
- Welcome and connecting (10 mins)
- Scheduling a monthly call (10) (LAURA TO DO)
- fourth week of the month
- Doodle day of the week
- Wednesday or ...
- 3pm 4pm 5pm
- CoTech Newsletter - the setup is done - what should it do? (luke m.)
- DONE is to start post in discourse about the newsletter. (Chris ping Luke)
- Luke sent apologies as unable to participate on this occasion
- Make a public newsletter, Internal vs External, chat with co-op news about sharing
- Chat to Coop News re content that may be of interest to the wider coop audience
- We need a volunteer
- monthly newsletter
- Tell other members about other members, case studies or profiles each members
- template the member profile (could this be a podcast?), link to member profiles on the site, deeper dive as a network member. Individuals, building trust and relationships as opposed to the regular "this is what we do" profile.
- Include upcoming events from the discourse
- Updates from various groups.
- Member recognition, i.e: group that has provided an excellent service or been apart of community events (similar to Coop Rose) if anyone has seen her newsletters
- Collaborative bid standing item??
- Newsletter with revolving responsibility might help with ownership
- CoTech brand identity group - report back and feed in (Dan S, Sion W)
- met a few weeks ago, we will write a brief for ourselves to clarify what we're doing and how.
- meeting in a week, sending around the group and get feedback. Document on Discourse.
- once this goes round, we'll start doing the bits
- Next meeting 7th of Feb. Space 4 meetup
- Can anyone who was there give a brief report from 2 CoTech events at Space4?
- 2 presentations, talk by someone who works in private sector, there's a video, put our slides on github:
- Go Free Range slides from the presentation Chris Roos gave: <a href="https://github.com/freerange/cotech-presentation">https://github.com/freerange/cotech-presentation</a>
- Event details: <a href="https://www.meetup.com/London-CoTech-Meetup/events/246674795/">https://www.meetup.com/London-CoTech-Meetup/events/246674795/</a>
- There's another event, once a month.
- Skillshare: Fabian got a lot out of it, about 12 people showed. How the co-op businesses were run. (<a href="https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/First_Skill_Sharing_Event)">https://wiki.coops.tech/wiki/First_Skill_Sharing_Event)</a>
- Liam and several others CoTech had a meet regarding co-op based web hosting, putting together a group to work on putting together a data center.
- Initial meeting held 15th December 2017 - link to OP: <a href="https://community.coops.tech/t/initial-meeting-about-cooperative-hosting/507">https://community.coops.tech/t/initial-meeting-about-cooperative-hosting/507</a> also includes link to agenda discussed.
- Be good to talk about the constitution uk/non-uk issue (<a href="https://www.loomio.org/d/wgz3Zjqa/ratify-the-initial-constitution)">https://www.loomio.org/d/wgz3Zjqa/ratify-the-initial-constitution)</a> (chris l.)
- 1st capture that we have said no to non-UK in the constitution, so we can ratify it. Give clarity to current members.
- Without a constitution it's hard to know how to interact and what's expected.
- Link to constitution:
- DONE 2nd propose an amendment to make a change to allow outside : Have a conversation later.
- <a href="https://www.loomio.org/p/bHwQzJCp/clarify-implicit-rules-around-uk-based-membership-criteria-to-allow-us-to-ratify-the-first-version-of-the-constitution">https://www.loomio.org/p/bHwQzJCp/clarify-implicit-rules-around-uk-based-membership-criteria-to-allow-us-to-ratify-the-first-version-of-the-constitution</a>
- Cat collaborative bid for the coop group
- how we collectively bid in the future for projects, how would we practically implement.
- A group of co-ops have come together to see if we could pitch collective services, and we've realized it's quite ambitious. Using this as a learning experience, dot project is coordinating the process, and we've been keeping notes! Because we're awesome, we've got a lot of rich information, a deep dive into 5 organisations, identified key priorities, what should we be focusing on right now.
- Working out the best way to share out this information, there isn't anything like what CoTech is or what CoTech could be.
- Would like to feedback in a physical place, actually. But that's always tricky, so we're looking at a report.
FYI Cat <a href="http://www.intertradeireland.com/media/g17/pdfs/public-procurement/Consortia-Building-presentation.pdf">http://www.intertradeireland.com/media/g17/pdfs/public-procurement/Consortia-Building-presentation.pdf</a>
- collaborative 5 minutes about next call.
- Collaborative bid standing item??
- more localized informal get togethers, how can we make sure this happens, chat business over beer :) (Liam wants to organize meetup in the north)
Ideas we might borrow from Enspiral: "a foundation of mutual care and trust", or e.g. <a href="https://medium.com/enspiral-tales/a-caring-organisation-5319f81c420f">https://medium.com/enspiral-tales/a-caring-organisation-5319f81c420f</a>
I wrote this point.
- We Are Open Co-op met IRL last week and wrote up our meeting here: <a href="https://medium.com/weareopencoop/mess-with-the-dynamics-5ee1015f052a">https://medium.com/weareopencoop/mess-with-the-dynamics-5ee1015f052a</a>
- The CoTech Project Management skill share hosted at Space4 last week. This was the first in a series of these sort of events.
- The first CoTech meet-up at Space4 last night
- Follow the CoTech twitter account as per Polly’s message in <a href="https://community.coops.tech/t/reawakening-cotech-twitter-account/567">https://community.coops.tech/t/reawakening-cotech-twitter-account/567</a>